Frequently Asked Questions
ARE YOU ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS?
No, not at this time, sorry. Please check back soon.
How has covid-19 changed how I see my doctor?
Due to the pandemic, all patients are required to wear a mask inside the clinic at all times. This does not affect the quality of the healthcare that is received but ensures we are all safe.
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO PRESENT TO REGISTER AS A NEW PATIENT
We require you to come with your health card and a piece of ID. Please plan to arrive 10 minutes early as you may be required to fill out a new patient medical history form.
WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE THE MOST OF MY APPOINTMENT?
As with any meeting, there are things that you can do as we work together to help you. These include
- Booking a separate appointment for each major concern. Other issues may be discussed, but focusing on one main issue will ensure the best care and allow us to see you and your fellow patients in a timely
- Let the receptionist know if you need to be seen urgently.
- Informing us of any family or friends who also need to be seen around the same time as your visit.
- Calling us right away if you are unable to make your appointment for any reason.
ARE THERE ANY SERVICES THAT AHS DOES NOT PAY FOR?
- Filling out forms
- Writing letters
- Insurance reports
- Driver’s medical examinations and forms
- Employment examinations and forms
- Forms for camp or school
- Sick notes
- Transfer of patient records
WILL YOU CALL ME WITH RESULTS?
All patients are expected to come back to follow-up on test results. At the end of your visit, speak to your doctor about the appropriate time to come back. Please note that you may be able to arrange with the lab to have access to some of your lab results. If the results don’t make sense to you, please make an appointment and discuss the results with your doctor. We receive hundreds of test results daily. For privacy reasons and logistical reasons we cannot provide test results over the phone nor inform you if test results have arrived.
CAN I GET MY PRESCRIPTIONS OVER THE PHONE?
Before your prescription runs out plan to come in to reassess how you are doing, and what, if any, changes we need to make. We are sometimes able to decrease or even stop medications, and are happy to discuss this with you when we see you.
Better Health Care is Our Mission
Same Day Appointments are Available.
Phone: 587 775 1768
Fax: 587 775 7388
203-960 Yankee Valley Blvd SE, Airdrie, Alberta, T4A 2E4, Canada